Age spots on face: Different names for age spots include solar lentigines and liver spots, solar lentigines or liver spots or age spots on face are bad. But they have no relation to the liver. Those spots are flat and darker than the surrounding skin. They can brown, be tan, or black, and they may resemble patches. Age spots are not just limited to your face. You can find them in your different parts.
Including arms, shoulders, and hands. Before you think about eliminating age spots on face. This is crucial to know what they are and how do they come up. Later that, you can choose what step can be taken to get rid of age spots on face. Also, restrict it from developing again.
We explore in this article, the causes, and symptoms of age spots and explain safe ways to get rid of them.
Causes of age spots on face (liver spots)
Age spots or solar lentigines are an issue of the body that generates excess melanin. Melanin is the orpiment that provides skin color. If the skin is exposed to sunlight, the body generates more melanin to guard the skin from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays. The more extra melanin produced, the darker the skin becomes. Age spots develop when excess melanin in the skin becomes clomped together.
Symptoms of age spots (liver spots)
Age spots may influence people of all skin kinds, but they’re more typical in people with bright skin. Age spots:
- Are flat, oval areas of increased pigmentation
- Occur on skin that has had the most sun exposure over the years, such as the backs of hands, face, tops of feet, shoulders and upper back
- Are usually tan, brown or black
- Age spots vary from freckle size to about a 1/2 inch beyond and can group, making them more prominent
Home remedies for age spots on face
Natural remedies may also help to reduce age spots. These include:
- Aloe vera: Some research in animals advises that using aloe vera to age spots each day can remove the marks.
- Orchid extract: Authors of the different studies concluded that orchid extracts may reduce age spots. The extracts are components of some skincare products.
- Red onion: Results of 1 study show that drained red onion skin may decrease age spots.
A doctor may advise cryotherapy to remove an age spot.
Age spots on face or body are harmless and don’t require treatment. If anyone needs to remove a proved age spot for cosmetic reasons, they have a kind of option.
Thematic creams can decrease age spots. However, avoid lighteners that carry mercury. They may pose a serious health risk. A healthcare expert can prescribe a safe product.
A prescription thematic cream for lightening age spots may carry:
Certain creams lighten age spots on face slowly over time. They can sometimes hurt the skin.
Prevention from liver spots or solar lentigines
It’s possible to restrict age spots from growing.
The AAD recommends utilizing a sunscreen with a minimum strength of SPF 30. It must be water-resistant and have UVA and UVB protection. Use the sunscreen to exposed skin 15 minutes before going outside.
Results of a 2019 study show that using an SPF 30 cream daily can also stop age spots from becoming darker in the spring and summer.